The Advantages of Laser Surgery for Pets
Elk Creek Animal Hospital of Bullitt County offers the option of laser surgery for many of our surgical procedures for pets. Unlike traditional surgical methods, the laser option offers the following benefits:
- Reduced Pain — Lasers cut tissue with a beam of light, which seals the nerve endings so there is very little pain when your pet wakes up.
- Less Bleeding — The blood vessels are sealed by the laser as they cut, so there is usually no need for bandaging after surgery.
- Decreased Swelling — Using a laser seals the lymph vessels in the skin, which nearly eliminates any swelling after surgery.
- A "No Touch" Surgical Technique — Lasers cut without touching any tissue, which eliminates much of the trauma associated with standard techniques.
- Faster Recovery — Less bleeding, less pain, and less swelling means that pets undergoing laser surgery generally recover faster with fewer side effects.
The laser option is available for many surgical procedures including spays, neuters, and declaws. Please ask us and we will let you know if the laser option is right for your pet's surgery.